Premier Northeast Ohio property management firm located in Beachwood, Ohio, is seeking an experienced Accounting professional, responsible for the accounting and reporting of a portfolio of multifamily rental properties and support the assigned portfolio's residential operations.
Essential Job Functions
· Leads the accounting function and maintains the general ledger for an assigned portfolio of multifamily rental properties.
· Responsible for monthly and year-end close and financial reporting, including journal entries to record activity and reconcile account balances.
· Responsible for cash control and bank reconciliations for portfolio properties.
· Review portfolio property vendor invoices and associated disbursements; manage team member responsible for entering AP into MRI ERP.
· Record and maintain escrows, replacement reserves, capital expenditures, depreciation, and equity contributions/distributions.
· Assist in daily and monthly accounting procedures as assigned by the Controller.
· Act as a resource and liaison to investment partners, lenders, third party service providers, and the internal residential management and development teams as needed.
· Supervise team member who is responsible for managing move-outs, security deposit dispositions, delinquent accounts and other residential property management tasks.
· Review move-in paperwork and conduct lease file audits.
· Assist the CFO, Controller and Assistant Treasurer with detailed financial analysis and assigned department projects.
· Assist in creating and maintaining portfolio and property level financial analyses for the Goldberg Companies’ leadership team.
· Assist the CFO and Property Management teams in developing annual budgets.
· Utilize technology in a forward-thinking manner to drive business efficiencies and improved performance.
Essential Job Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business-related field; or equivalent work experience
· Five to seven years accounting experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong work ethic; works with minimal supervision
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple duties
· Desire to learn and grow professionally
· Strong need for continuous improvement
· Excellent detail orientation
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
· Real estate accounting experience
· Proficiency in MRI or similar property mgmt. software
· CPA a plus
· Minimum forty hours required
· Regular attendance mandatory
· Able to drive or travel to GCI owned/operated properties (some overnight travel required)
· Able to work in conditions as found on GCI owned/operated properties